If someone said to you that salvation does not require a belief in God, what would be your reaction? Seriously consider this!
If what we call “God” is omnipresent and omnipotent; Where, and from what, is this “God” separate from?? Perhaps…you?.. Me? Who has God and who doesn’t?
We need to watch our minds VERY carefully and reconsider the effect of our belief! Thought DOES create!! But how often are we vigilant about what we think?
I used to believe that circumstance was something I had to control and manipulate to make what I wanted come into my reality. So guess what? I was, and still am to some degree, manipulative and controlling. We all are in some way or we wouldn’t be here!
So we have to ask SOMETHING or Someone what IS salvation and how can I start finding salvation instead of seeking it?
Although A COURSE IN MIRACLES is a spiritual text that you may, or may not agree with, believe in, or whatever. I’m asking you to just set that aside for a just few minutes and PLAY with a new idea. Yes PLAY! In order to SEE the light, we have to be lighthearted! So read the following as a playful experiment and see what happens.
I’m not trying to convert you, change you or convince you.
OK maybe convince you a little. I gotta be honest with you and myself- lol- I’m not perfect. But THAT’S THE POINT! Our concepts and fears of being vulnerable and transparent cover the truth in us! So…in the spirit of finding purpose, meaning, joy and just a better life that we ALL are looking for, read the following and see if you’re finding salvation from the “hell” of your life! I know you must be looking for that, or you wouldn’t still be reading this or even have come to this page. We’re all looking for some relief from the dissatisfaction of life.
The following is quoted from A COURSE IN MIRACLES
Chapter Thirty One: The Simplicity of Salvation
VI. Recognizing the Spirit
62) “You see the flesh or recognize the Spirit. There is no compromise between the two. If one is real the other must be false, for what is real denies its opposite. There is no choice in vision but this one. What you decide in this determines all you see and think is real and hold as true. On this one choice does all your world depend, for here have you established what you are, as flesh or Spirit in your own belief. If you choose flesh, you never will escape the body as your own reality, for you have chosen that you want it so. But choose the Spirit, and all Heaven bends to touch your eyes and bless your holy sight, that you may see the world of flesh no more except to heal and comfort and to bless.
63) Salvation is undoing. If you choose to see the body, you behold a world of separation, unrelated things, and happenings that make no sense at all. This one appears and disappears in death; that one is doomed to suffering and loss. And no one is exactly as he was an instant previous, nor will he be the same as he is now an instant hence. Who could have trust where so much change is seen, for who is worthy if he be but dust? Salvation is undoing of all this. And constancy arises in the sight of those whose eyes salvation has released from looking at the cost of keeping guilt because they chose to let it go instead.
64) Salvation does not ask that you behold the Spirit and perceive the body not. It merely asks that this should be your choice. For you can see the body without help but do not understand how to behold a world apart from it. It is your world salvation will undo and let you see another world your eyes could never find. Be not concerned how this could ever be. You do not understand how what you see arose to meet your sight. For if you did, it would be gone. The veil of ignorance is drawn across the evil and the good and must be passed that both may disappear, so that perception finds no hiding place. How is this done? It is not done at all. What could there be within the universe which God created that must still be done?
65) Only in arrogance could you conceive that you must make the way to Heaven plain. The means are given you by which to see the world that will replace the one you made. Your will be done! In Heaven as on earth, this is forever true. It matters not where you believe you are nor what you think the truth about yourself must really be. It makes no difference what you look upon nor what you choose to feel or think or wish. For God Himself has said, “Your will be done.” And it is done to you accordingly.
66) You who believe that you can choose to see the Son of God as you would have him be, forget not that no concept of yourself will stand against the truth of what you are. Undoing truth would be impossible. But concepts are not difficult to change. One vision, clearly seen, that does not fit the picture as it was perceived before will change the world for eyes that learn to see, because the concept of the self has changed. Are you invulnerable? Then the world is harmless in your sight. Do you forgive? Then is the world forgiving, for you have forgiven it its trespasses and so it looks on you with eyes that see as yours. Are you a body? So is all the world perceived as treacherous and out to kill.
- Are you a spirit, deathless and without the promise of corruption and the stain of sin upon you? So the world is seen as stable, fully worthy of your trust; a happy place to rest in for a while, where nothing need be feared but only loved. Who is unwelcome to the kind in heart? And what could hurt the truly innocent? Your will be done, you holy Child of God. It does not matter if you think you are in earth or Heaven. What your Father wills for you can never change. The truth in you remains as radiant as a star, as pure as light, as innocent as Love Itself. And you are worthy that your will be done!
I find that LESSON 39 reinforces this idea.
LESSON 39 My holiness is my salvation.
“If guilt is hell, what is its opposite? Like the text for which this workbook was written, the ideas used for the exercises are very simple, very clear and totally unambiguous. We are not concerned with intellectual feats nor logical toys. We are dealing only in the very obvious, which has been overlooked in the clouds of complexity in which you think you think.
If guilt is hell, what is its opposite? This is not difficult, surely. The hesitation you may feel in answering is not due to the ambiguity of the question. But do you believe that guilt is hell? If you did, you would see at once how direct and simple the text is, and you would not need a workbook at all. No one needs practice to gain what is already his.
We have already said that your holiness is the salvation of the world. What about your own salvation? You cannot give what you do not have. A savior must be saved. How else can he teach salvation? Today’s exercises will apply to you, recognizing that your salvation is crucial to the salvation of the world. As you apply the exercises to your world, the whole world stands to benefit.
Your holiness is the answer to every question that was ever asked, is being asked now, or will be asked in the future. Your holiness means the end of guilt, and therefore the end of hell. Your holiness is the salvation of the world, and your own. How could you to whom your holiness belongs be excluded from it? God does not know unholiness. Can it be He does not know His Son?
A full five minutes are urged for the four longer practice periods for today, and longer and more frequent practice sessions are encouraged. If you want to exceed the minimum requirements, more rather than longer sessions are recommended, although both are suggested.
Begin the practice periods as usual, by repeating today’s idea to yourself. Then, with closed eyes, search out your unloving thoughts in whatever form they appear; uneasiness, depression, anger, fear, worry, attack, insecurity and so on. Whatever form they take, they are unloving and therefore fearful. And so it is from them that you need to be saved.
Specific situations, events or personalities you associate with unloving thoughts of any kind are suitable subjects for today’s exercises. It is imperative for your salvation that you see them differently. And it is your blessing on them that will save you and give you vision.
Slowly, without conscious selection and without undue emphasis on any one in particular, search your mind for every thought that stands between you and your salvation. Apply the idea for today to each of them in this way:
My unloving thoughts about ___ are keeping me in hell
My holiness is my salvation.
You may find these practice periods easier if you intersperse them with several short periods during which you merely repeat today’s idea to yourself slowly a few times. You may also find it helpful to include a few short intervals in which you just relax and do not seem to be thinking of anything. Sustained concentration is very difficult at first. It will become much easier as your mind becomes more disciplined and less distracted.
Meanwhile, you should feel free to introduce variety into the exercise periods in whatever form appeals to you. Do not, however, change the idea itself as you vary the method of applying it. However you elect to use it, the idea should be stated so that its meaning is the fact that your holiness is your salvation. End each practice period by repeating the idea in its original form once more, and adding:
If guilt is hell, what is its opposite?
In the shorter applications, which should be made some three or four times an hour and more if possible, you may ask yourself this question, repeat today’s idea, and preferably both. If temptations arise, a particularly helpful form of the idea is:
My holiness is my salvation from this.
Through Practicing the application of these exercises to your world, the whole world stands to benefit! Want Influence? Want to “change the world?” DO we Really want peace?? Or do we want to be our in-DIVIDE-dual self? We can only accomplish the goal we give lip service to by finding salvation in this way.
Jesus won’t fix it, hasn’t, nor will he do it FOR us! He does not save in this way! We HAVE to take responsibility!
But Jesus, Buddha and the ascended masters will take our hand and guide us in the way we should think and live by their teachings and example. Behavior will only change when your belief about behavior and what causes it changes. As Mahatma Gandhi said “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
Please know as I write in these blog posts that I am Also speaking to myself! I’m practicing with you! Keeping a close watch on my unloving thoughts so that I may be the example of God’s love for others. I fail often! But in that failure I learn to Forgive myself and see that others are doing the best they can do NOW as well. So come grow with me!
Like us On The Miracle you page and Connect with me for a Spiritual Counseling session where we join together for the purpose of mind healing.
Click on the store tab for more info.
Peace is our unified goal. Let’s start finding salvation together! ♥